Tuesday, April 13, 2010

SHH!!!





The kids have asked to sleep in the same room for the last two weeks or so. When they first made this request, Josh and I stood outside their bedroom door after we had said our goodnights and just looked at each other with that "can you believe how precious these kids are?" look on our faces. It was one of many of those moments that makes parenting so much fun. Well, let's just say that Norman Rockwell moment has passed, moving into the less delightful, "I don't wanna sleep in the same room with him cuz he's annoying" conversations. One such conversation emerged last night at bedtime. In particular, the phrase "he's so annoying" (referring to Caleb's loud and incessant talking) came up two or three times. I Jonny to stop using the word "annoying" because I didn't want Caleb to get a complex. I also reminded Jonny that he used to do the same thing to Hannah, and that she had to train him to be quiet. Needless to say, it didn't comfort him. He wasn't too excited about having to train Caleb, particularly since Hannah didn't have to endure the hardship with him. :)

Fast forward to this morning, when I went into get Caleb from his crib and was greeted with the sweetest tired little voice, cheerfully singing,

"Hi, Mommy!"

I scooped him up and gave him a big kiss on the cheek. Then he said,

"Jonny so noying. He kept "shhshhing" me last night."

I replied, "Caleb, will you call Daddy right now and tell him what you just told me?"

By the time we got to the phone he couldn't remember what he'd said that I found so hilarious, but I hope I don't soon forget.

Enjoy some footage of the kiddos, friends!!!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

That is too funny! Ahhh, siblings!

Julie Snell said...

Totally sounds like something wendy would have said about me when we were little :) Or me about her...when in reality, I am sure we were both "noying". Love your kids...miss you and the fam!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness that is adorable! I love that they love eachother so much! VERY sweet.