I can't believe that I'm now a "thirty-something". Wow.
I just wanted to type a quick blurb this morning--not to request more "happy birthdays", but to thank all of you for thinking of me and for loving me. This morning, my heart just celebrates the family and friends that God has so graciously ushered into my life...relationships that span the miles and the years, and I feel so full and content.
And I must say, with my recent frustrations with how attached and tangled our generation is with "stuff," this birthday has started off beautifully. I received breakfast in bed with hugs and giggles and a beautiful rendition of "happy birthday" from my family, "boot slippers" from daddy (thank you thank you thank you), precious hand-made cards from my kids, and my "birthday month card-of-the-day" from David and Wendy--a donation to "all God's Children" on my behalf. In a time when I have so much, and so many have so little, I can only stop to pause and give thanks to God, that in some small way, my life and birth :) has afforded someone else a little blessing, too. Seriously, a gift that fills my heart with joy. So, thank you, dear friends. I am filled with joy and gratitude for the gifts you all are to me.
With love and thanks,
Lolly
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I Love it... Happy Birthday sister! Thanks for putting up a quick video, it made me feel like I was there on your bday, even if it was only for 11 seconds :)
I love that Caleb was starting to help you eat your breakfast! Boy after my own heart! May God's blessings and love pour over you today and this next year you awesome 30-something!
Happy Birthday Lol!!! What a great Birthday...and it's not even over yet!
i LOVE it!! SO wonderful!! you are a treasure! i'm so glad you felt so loved on your special day!!
Post a Comment