Check out our newest family member! We fell in love with Cody at the Humane Society on Friday, and brought him home that night! We're still working out some of the "kinks" of having this new friend in our home--my house smells like dog! :) But, I can't complain with this gentle, loving, dreamy-eyed dog sitting at my back door. All of the kids adore him, and if I could bottle Caleb's little voice saying, "Mere (short, for "come here") Coldy-Boy!" I would. Caleb was incredulous when he set his waffle down on the floor, wandered into the other room, and discovered, minutes later, that it had disappeared! It only took once for Caleb to figure things out. Now, I crack up when Cody gets anywhere near Caleb's food, because I'll hear Caleb shouting, "No, Coldy! Your food here!!!" pointing at the dog's food bowl. All in all, the transition has been good, but it's not been without it's accidents and learning curve. I feel like a new mom all over again, but this time, of a breed I'm not so familiar with. Tonight we're starting crate training, and I'm hoping it adds a little normalcy to our routine. But one thing's for sure, we love this pooch. Welcome home, Cody!!!
3 comments:
I was waiting for pictures of this pooch! Thanks for the post... although, Caleb does not look 5 years old yet :)
Hopefully that "Dog Smell" will be gone by July when we come out :P
Congrats on welcoming "Coldy-Boy" to your home.
Wow! New doggy, Christmas decor is already up, and you have a smile! Christmas smell.....dog smell? Hmmmmm. Happy family. I can't wait to meet Coldy-boy. Love you, Mom
Awesome! What a cute dog and kuddos for getting a dog from the Humane Society.
I love that Hannah thinks it feels "so good" when Cody bites her. Good luck with Crate Training.
Post a Comment