Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Advent is Upon Us!

Sunday night, we decorated the tree and topped off our night with some good ol' fashioned sugar cookies. Jonny was noted to have said, on several occasions, "This is the best night ever!!! I'm in heaven, and that means that I totally love it!"


This is Josh and I out for my birthday dinner, last Wednesday. The man sitting next to us offered to take our picture and said, "So, is this your second date? You two have a sort of second date friction going on." I giggled when Josh told him our 10-year anniversary was coming up in a few weeks. That was one of the best compliments he could have given us!

After dinner, Josh said he'd take me to do whatever I wanted...so first, I requested that we take a walk downtown for as long as we could stand it (it was in the 30’s)...which was about 20 minutes, with a stop at Starbucks for something warm and delicious, of course! Wendy, we thought of you when we saw this brightly-lit tree!

Next, I requested a trip to the bowling alley, but soon realized I would have to pay $5 for one pair of socks, because I didn’t have any...so, I asked the Lord to put a pair of socks in Josh's trunk. When we parked and got out of the car, Josh went around back to check. Here's me celebrating my "miracle socks"!


p.s. and for those wanting an update on “Coldy-boy”, he is doing better every day…and I’ve either grown accustomed to the dog smell, or our Christmas tree is absorbing it! Yea for Jesus’ Birthday!!! J





4 comments:

Julie Snell said...

Sounds like your birthday was packed full of fun...I am guessing you did not walk away with the bowling shoes :)

Wendy said...

I love this blog. Lots of info and lots of pictures! I will now be requesting a christmas tree to be put up every time I come to visit to absorb the Coldy-boy smell :)
Girl after my own heart, not wearing socks in 30 degree weather. I love that you prayed for socks and there they were! I have had to purchase socks from the bowling vending machines a few times... the things we do when we dont wear socks 99% of our life :)PS... I really like Josh's striped sweater :)
And the christmas tree... um... ask how much it is, I will pay for shipping it to Cali :P
I wish you guys were coming out for xmas to see my hot pink tree in all it's glory in the bay window of our house!

sfitz said...

I love this post!! It warms my heart and makes me happy. I love you guys and miss you so much!

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Happy Belated Birthday!! I'm so glad you had such a special night!! this post made me giggle! i love your infectious joy!!