Thursday, March 4, 2010

Oh, the Love!

I'm sorry to sound so self indulgent regarding Caleb, these days, but i don't want to forget this stuff...and this is about as close as i'm gonna get to a diary for this kiddo. Plus, Grandparents, you can enjoy these stories about your darling offspring! :)



Lately Caleb has been partial to his dad, or his big sister, demanding, "NO MOMMY! Sissie GET ME!" when I come into his bedroom to get him out of his crib (Hannah is now big enough--and strong enough--to pick up Caleb out of his crib). It stings a little. But I try to remind myself that it's just a stage. And then this morning, I walk in to get him, preparing myself for a mini tantrum that is sure to ensue, but instead, it's just a conversation, marked with a little sadness, that Daddy has already left for work. Whew. And then I go to put him down and he says, "No, my hold me" (translation: don't put me down). And then I carry him down the stairs and he starts gently stroking my face and hair and says, "Mommy, my like your hair." Oh, that deserves a little kiss. And then, with his chubby hands holding my face, "Mommy, you so precious." Awww. Don't you just know how to make my heart swoon??? Little girls, watch out, this little boy is quite the charmer!


Of course, we already know what a little lover boy, Jonny is, so I guess Caleb is just following in step with his Dad and big brother. Lest you think the sweetness stops at the boys in this family, I shouldn't fail to mention the conversation I overheard between Hannah and Jonny two days ago...


" Jonny, you're a good friend!" Hannah exclaimed, in sweet, surprised voice. She went on,

"And you're also a really good finder. You found the game we lost."

Jonny responded, in his uniquely-sincere-Jonny-way, "You're a really good friend, too, Hannah."

Oh, the joy of hearing my kids speak life to each other! It delights me and fills my home with the sweet aroma of love. Speaking of love, this was our Valentine's Day "love celebration" where we took some time to affirm what we love about each person in our family. It was a special time, with the kids saying things like, "I love Caleb because he is funny and encourages others and cheers them up," (Hannah) and "I love Mommy because she snuggles with me" (Jonny) and Caleb, when asked what he loves about Jonny, simply said, "Jesus." I guess that about sums it up! Keep spreading the love!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Ok... for real... I am about to look up plane tickets to come out and visit one of my favorite homes... Casa de Caruana! Oh my goodness. Thanks so much for this blog, I know they are not my offspring, but it touched my heart! Love you all!

Noblekain said...

Absolutely! I'm with Wendy. Not only did this blog bring me much joy, but also a touch of sadness.

Seeing you guys sitting in your kitchen made me want to BE there. I miss you guys tons!

Tell your kiddos that they are very very loved by us, and that we can't wait to see them again.

Wendy said...

Ok... pulled the trigger. David and I are booked! You will see us bright and early Friday July 2nd (as we are taking the red-eye). We will be leaving Thursday July 8th. There will be fireworks O' plenty on the 4th and U2 crazy times on the 6th! Oh the fun to come in 119 days!