I'm in a season of questions. Hard ones. I've been assured that the Holy Spirit will answer these questions, but so far, they are still in the "unanswered" segment of my mind. Here are some:
What did New Testament Jesus followers do with their kids while they were in prayer for hours into the wee of the night? And when they went to the Temple everyday to learn more and more about "the way," where were the kids then? Did the kids just sit quietly along during a "service"? Did people get flusterred if a baby cried in the middle of a teaching? Were the kids bored out of their minds? What does Jesus think of our modern day "children's church"? What can I do if my kids are bored with church???
When John the Baptist said, "The man with two tunics should share with him who has none, and the one who has food should do the same" (Luke 3:11) does that really mean that I am to give away all of my clothes, except one outfit?
"But woe to you who are rich, for you are receiving your comfort in full. " (Luke 6:24) God, does this mean that I will not have comforts in the life to come???
"Blessed are you when men hate you, and ostracize you, and insult you, and scorn your name as evil, for the sake of the Son of Man. " (Luke 6:22) Should I be concerned if no one hates me?
"Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back." (Luke 6:30) Seriously?
When Jesus said, "Love your enemies and pray for those that persecute you," does that mean that I should not shoot an intruder that is threatening my child?
Should my government look and operate like a follower of the Way? If not, why should I complain when it doesn't act like it? If so, should I complain when it wants to help people in need?
These are sincere questions. If you have thoughts on my thoughts, please, ask God along with me, for the answers.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Lol- that is a GREAT post with some very good questions. I have thought about a few of them myself, but some of the others were new to me. I look forward to hearing updates on any answers you, other readers or I get.
Still mulling some over... but oh how I wish you could just come over and we could discuss and pray about each of them while eating oatmeal and folding laundry!!!
oooh...GREAT questions, Lolly. Been working through some of these ourselves. ;) Keep working it out, sister.
Dearest Lolly
Although I could presume to provide an answer to each of your questions, I am rather going to pray for the Holy Spirit to first answer the following question:
Lord, what are you doing in our lives that prompts me to ask these questions? I have found that knowing what He is specifically doing is a great help with the individual and most important questions you are pondering. Blessings and please share what He tells you. Love Dad
Post a Comment