I wept for a good majority of the day today. I wept for the children who are sick, and hungry, and without parents to love them. I wept for my children's lack of understanding of this reality and their inherited self-centeredness. I wept for myself and my love for comfort and my lack of interest in the suffering people who I've heard of and seen half a world away but failed to truly love. And I wept for the burdened, weary souls of the few brave willing to look into the eyes of the hurting and dare to love as Jesus commanded.
Tonight I only have this one thought...
Lord, grant me the courage and grace to do whatever You ask me to do. Tonight I dare to believe that He will prepare me and equip me for His calling. Tonight I ask Jesus to make me brave, to make my husband brave, to make my children brave, and to make all of us, more and more, to look like Him.
Tonight I remind myself that with God anything is possible.
8 comments:
Girl, I have been thinking the same way recently... Praying and thinking a lot. Not a lot of crying (shocking for me I know), but some :)
I will now pray with you sister!
What is the picture at the bottom of your blog? Any specific reference?
click on it...and read the blog on the website...you'll see what i'm talking about...
I thought I scrolled over it last night and it did not allow me to click it... maybe it was my laptop, maybe I was just really tired. :) I will do that today. Thanks Sis.
Wow, I really should not have started looking at this at work... the blog is just like an amazing book that I don't want to put down but is also hard to read at the smae time, but then not hard, but inspiring. The one about Grace and the Bath... I feel like I should read that every morning before I pray to get each day started in His plan for me and not how I think the day should go! Thank you so much for posting the link and sharing your heart.
Lol - what a post. I have since read the website/blog and am thankful that you shared it. How bold to pray for bravery in doing whatever God asks of you and your family. It encourages me to pray for boldness in my life and in my relationships with God and others...including strangers. I look forward to seeing where your openess and bravery has God lead the C Fam.
Sounds like you are on the verge of something big! Can't wait to hear more about it!
I love it, Lolly. Though I know you more through others (well, Sarah really), I love your heart. I started reading this blog about Katie a few months ago and am also praying for God to show me what He wants me to do...how I can do it. I have a blog written in my head entitled "when I grow up, I want to be Katie"...maybe sometime I'll get around to wording it...
Thanks for your honesty and sharing as you allow the things that break Jesus' heart to break yours.
blessings,
carrie prince
oh i know isn't katie amazing. AMAZING. there is so much need, and we are so comfortable. she is one of my heroes, truly.
Post a Comment