Caleb seriously LOVES animals. Wouldn't stop kicking till I put him on the dern thing. After a few rings around the corral, he finally started complaining about having to straddle his little legs around the pony.
For those of you who didn't know it, Kirk and Julie came to visit for Kirk's bday, so he could go to the speedway and watch the motorcycle races. We couldn't be MORE excited to have visitors. We thoroughly enjoyed their company and were sad to see them go. Hannah even wrote a sweet note to Julie for their departure--all her own idea, which made it extra special. Hurricane Ike made a debut here in Indiana making their visit a little different than they probably imagined...so we spent a lot more time indoors than originally planned. They arrived around midnight on Thursday, and I didn't see them until Friday morning. The kids were SO excited to see them and Jonny was ecstatic when Kirk and Julie FINALLY made their way down the stairs on Friday morning (I wouldn't let him go up and wake them up since they were still on Cali time). Josh took off early from work and we all went on our first bowling adventure. Jonny was over it after the first two rounds. Poor guy just wasn't a fan. Maybe next year... Kirk took the big victory and I brought in the rear. I think I should stick to the Wii. Kirk, I want a rematch game of WiiBowl at Christmas and then we'll see who's the big winner.

After our respective adventures (I'll have to post the pictures of the boys' outing once I get them from Julie's camera) we put the kids to bed (or so I thought), the adults went Mitchell's Fish Market for a very yummy dinner! Our first date in Indiana!
Our sweet neighbor, Morgan babysat while we went to dinner with Kirk and Julie. Caleb wasn't exactly the easiest kid that night. She held him until he fell asleep and didn't move until we got home...Poor Morgan! We love her and hope Caleb didn't scare her off!!! 
I'm getting sleepy...so I've got to wrap up--here's the reader's digest version of the rest of the weekend. Sunday K and J went to the races. 50-60mph winds. Rain. Crazy people still raced in the storm. No injuries, thank God. We went to church. Reading "Life on Loan" w/ our small group. Met them for the first time. Met up w/ K and J around dinnertime. Enjoyed good conversation. Kirk took the victory for the nightly Settler's ritual. Monday we met Josh for lunch in a cute village called Broad Ripple.
Hannah's turning into quite the gamer.

Jonny loves his parmesan. Maybe a little too much...
Licking the cheese out of his hands. In case you didn't know, he's a blue dog, Spyro.

Well, I'm pooped. Sorry to cut this off so abruptly, but my bed is calling my name...G'nite!





6 comments:
Lol - that is amazing that you got all that great story telling done in one post. Very impressive. Kirk & I had SO MUCH FUN being out there with you, Josh and the kids. I will email you the pics and videos tomorrow. Love ya!
Wow Lol, that was a marathon and I loved every second of it! I now have a new wallpaper picture for my computers... um Caleb is the cutest boy ever with his new hair cut. Oh my... words cannot express the cuteness so I will stop there.
As much as I am so jealous that they got to go out there already, this blog just makes me so much more excited to come out in November and make some memories that will at least last me until you guys come back out in Dec for Xmas.
Kirk and Settler's... how did that happen 3 TIMES!!!??? Kudos girl!
love ya
XOXO
Stop with all the cuteness!! Caleb is, oh my gosh, SO cute! He is so big too, he looks like a little kid now and not a baby! He is going to be such a little man when you guys come out for Christmas!! I love all the pictures and I'm, of course, SO jealous - I mean HAPPY J & K were able to see you guys. WE LOVE YOU!!
oh that Caleb is a CUTIE!! love the first haircut!!
Don't worry, Lolly, you have at least ONE more reader of your blog!!! I try to catch up on your family at least once or twice every week :-) Your kids are adorable.
Your BFF's mom
sister sledge - what happened to updating the blog once a week? We need our caruana family fix :)
Post a Comment