Thursday, September 18, 2008

Some videos

Just missin' Sarah today. We had a serious stretch of time last spring when we had artichokes at every meal together. I don't think I'll ever see one w/out thinking of her. Oh, the funny things I miss, like enjoying artichokes w/ dear friends. And cookies. And lunches. And laundry folding parties. Yep. Those are the sweet things of life.
Went to a country fair. This watering tractor cost more than our house! The kids are in the top and you can see how huge it is w/ Josh at the wheel! (Sorry for the blur in the middle of all of our pics...the lens on the digital camera has been explored by one-too-many children)


Here's my big almost-four-year-old. He was so impressed w/ himself. It's funny the things that make us feel grown up!

Caleb's first "more"!

Just one other tidbit about us lately. Getting to know a small group can take some time. We're in a 6-week study w/ 12 people. I am glad for the chance to go deeper w/ other people around here. A small group affords you the opportunity to have deep conversations w/out feeling uncomfortable...can anyone relate to this? It's sad that sometimes spiritual conversations can seem "uncomfortable" but it's true for me in many situations. ANYWAY, I'm enjoying meeting some new folk while at the same time allowing Jesus to change my thinking. One such change has to do w/ the way I spend the majority of my time...well, on me. I could go on for a LONG time on this subject, but frankly, I'd probably bore you. So I won't. 6 o'clock news version: God has clearly communicated to Josh and I to get out in our community and serve. Some thoughts to ponder: if you/your church moved away from your community, would the community notice, and if so, would they care??? Brennan Manning's words cut to the quick: "When being is divorced from doing, pious thoughts become a substitute for washing dirty feet." God's got some work for Josh and I to do around here...and it's not mowing our lawn and unpacking some more boxes or cleaning up our kitchen. It's serving others the way HE served. In about 5 more weeks our church is suspending services and all of the small groups are going out together to serve our community in various ways. I'll keep you posted on what happens. And I'm sure you'll hear from Wendy and April and my mom about what it was like...they all get to come and serve with me because they're all coming to visit!!! YIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

bye for now...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the meaning of the song "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" has never been made more clear in a picture to me than that! Wow! That is huge!
So that is so funny that JT is so excited to have a whole vitamin! It really is the little things in life.
And these videos and pictures keep convincing me that Caleb is the cutest kid ever on the face of the earth. No offense to any other kid, but come on! He cannot be beat. Hands down you guys are the winners. :)
I cannot wait to come out in a few weeks... and you know this will be as close to a small group that I have been in a very long time! :)
Looking forward to it sister!

Anonymous said...

Very fun post Lol! Great pics, videos and insights.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I miss our artichoke days!! I wouldve never known of my deep love for them had it not been for you and your dipping sauce. I need to go on an adventure with my bff, December can't come soon enough.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the 'getting out & serving.' I especially also think about modeling it to our children so that they know and witness the way we love others is not always staying comfortable. of course, we love others via mail, inviting over to our home, gifts, but also going into our community somewhere and getting our hands dirty. we have short people watching what it means to 'love God and love others.' :) XOXO