Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March, As Captured By My Camera

josh surprised me at 4pm this afternoon, carrying these gorgeous flowers (daffodils are one of my two favorite flowers) to add some sunshine to my dreary day (i'm going on day 3 of fever, aches, and a crazy cough). seriously, could a flower be any more "happy"??? my mom used to grow these in our backyard and every spring i relished walking out into the cold morning, on my way to school, to stop and count the new buds popping up. they will always remind me of my mom, of happiness, and the wonder i experienced watching new life grow. thanks for romancing me, babe. they really did brighten my day. too bad, you had to go back to work! :) but still, a totally awesome surprise! i love it!
caleb enjoying his pasta! grandpa would be so proud, buddy!


Grandpa and Grandma during their awesome, but all-too-short visit a couple of weekends ago!


who would've thought a little bit of food coloring and evaporated milk could make such yummy paints???! caleb enjoyed sampling these finger paints!


caleb, sporting his 'tude.


Hannah, with her friends at a Hannah Montana birthday party--she got to wear makeup and fake hair--she looked gorgeous! Slow down, baby girl! :)


The neighborhood gang...jonny, hannah, mallory, sophie, oliver

This is jonny in one of his usual "jonny" moments. These sunglasses were a big deal! Speaking of "jonny" moments, he has had quite a few recently, telling me, after he overcame his fear of singing on stage with the big kids for our church's children's choir,

"Mom, after i grow up and am a daddy, i'm gonna be a rock star."

Me--"Okay, great."

J--"But first I'm gonna get married."

Me--"Sounds like a good plan."

Today in the car, while listening to the radio, Toby Mac's "I don't Wanna Gain the Whole World and Lose my Soul" came on, and has a pretty good beat, so I turned it up a little. After a while, I looked back at Jonny, who looked like he'd fallen asleep, but after a few seconds, opened his eyes and said,

"I wasn't sleeping, Mom. I was just trying to talk to God in my heart."

[sniff, sniff]

We just kept on singing and praying along to the music which was followed by Jeremy Camp's newer song, "There will be a Day." Jonny says,

"This is a beautiful song. I don't like beautiful songs. I only like cool songs. Do you like beautiful songs, Mom?"

"Yep. I sure do."

"I know he's sweaty."

At this point, I can't help but laugh out loud, not only because it's so random, but because I realize just how much he's been influenced by the unplugged Jeremy Camp DVD that we have (thanks Dave and Wendy!)--he and Hannah love it, but also end up taking some funny things away from it--like the fact that Jeremy Camp is married (hence, Jonny's desire to be married BEFORE he's a rockstar), wears an earring (why, mom???), and gets really sweaty during his performance (is it really hard to sing on stage???) Anyway, that boy can be so random and precious. I love you, Jonny!

2 comments:

Julie Snell said...

That pic of Caleb with the pasta all over his face was amazing and I did not think it could get better until I got to the pic of him with the orange hat on. You have 3 of the most photogenic kids on the planet. Hannah is growing up so fast and Jonny is so Jonny, I love it!

Wendy said...

Hannah and make up... oh my gosh... she will be dating in no time! AHHHH!!!
I am going to start calling him JT now... it is so much more Rock Star than Jonny :P
He is so classic, I will have David talk him out of the ear ring thing... we dont want GrandMommy having to do to him what he did to david when he got one :P
So sorry you are not feeling well at all, but such pretty flowers. I love that those are your favorite. The look like you. Sunny and happy. Josh is wonderful.
Ummm... and Caleb... no words for how cute that kids is getting to be. No words.