
So, I'm havin' a go at my own garden! Being full of romantic notions about having my own garden (that produces beautiful delicious food for my family without requiring any weeding, sweat, or hard work from me personally), I am getting excited and beginning the process! So far, we have asparagus, onions, sweet corn (of course), tomatos, cucumbers, zuccini, broccoli, and cantaloupe. I will be going back for carrots and lettuce, but today we're going to start germinating our seeds and starting them indoors! The biggest job right now is getting the actual "plot" dug up and ready for our seedlings. That is not a job a savor doing. I just increased the diameter of soil around the base of a tree in the back yard by about 6 inches and it was back breaking labor (not to mention extremely difficult, trying to always keep track of Caleb, who can wander off into the neighborhood anytime he gets bored with our yard). Anyway, I've got the seedlings, so I'M GONNA DO IT! :) Both my grandfathers have been known for tending veggies, so guess I've got something going for me--that, and the fact that I'm praying that God will make my garden VERY productive! :)
I've also included a tiny tidbit of Caleb's favorite snack these days. The way he says it is just so dang cute!
2 comments:
Great Idea! Good luck getting some yummo food.
That video is sooo cute.
Love him - can't believe how big he is! And as for the garden...we are planning on starting a veggie garden in our new back yard! Sweet corn...GREAT idea!
Post a Comment