Monday, April 13, 2009

I LOVE Easter Break!!!

Though we didn't go far, we did find a TON of fun for Hannah's Easter break. We first made a trip to downtown Indy for a day at the zoo, where Hannah got to pet some sharks (as you can see, Jonny was content to watch Hannah risk her fingers).
After seeing all sorts of fun animals, we headed next door to the butterfly exhibit where Hannah coaxed an owl butterfly onto her hand. The dots on its wings look like owl's eyes looking back at you! They're so cool--and huge!

Next, we invited Hannah's classmate, Sophie to explore the baby animals and other great exhibits at our favorite Connor Prarie outdoor prarie-life museum. Always fun to be there and learn about the way things were done back in the 1800's. We watched a blacksmith hammer a stick of metal into a ladel, and SO appreciate the utensils I enjoy at home--and modern-day machinery!
Hannah and Sophie loved the baby chicks!


Jonny loved sweeping the floor of the old school house with a broom made of straw


The kids ended up at the Potter's place, and spent at least an hour playing in the dirt and pretending to make clay pottery.

On Thursday afternoon, Josh called an told me to pack bags for all of us to go on an overnight trip, but wouldn't divulge our destination. In case you don't already know it about me; I LOVE suprises! Especially if they take me on a new adventure! On Friday morning, we loaded up the car and drove in a south-easterly direction for 2 hours. Thankfully for Josh, I don't know my midwest geography, so I had no idea where we were headed until the freeway signs read "Welcome to Ohio!" Hannah busted out the camera when we stopped for lunch.
We took a picture of her, too.

Ah, love the fast-food photo-op! So excited to be on our way...but to where???

ROAD TRIP!!!

Our destination was revealed with squeals, no, more accurately, screams, of delight from all three of the kids--I may have let out a peep or two as well. We ended up in Mason, Ohio, at the Great Wolf Lodge. This place was a dream vacation for us, though it made us miss our big family--and all the adventures we'd have had if we'd all been there together. You can see Caleb looking up at the wolves up in the rafters of the lobby--
he was so amazed at it all.
Hannah lovin on the big ol' bear

Waiting for Daddy to bring in the luggage...can he please hurry up?!!! We wanna go explore!!!

Looking in at the four-story indoor waterpark--whoa baby!

84 degrees inside (40's outside--brr!) and water adventures, galore!

Just chillin' with a random soldier
So sad to say goodbye to the wolves, but promise to come back soon!

Climbing on the wolves

Back at home just in time to unpack and get ready for Easter with Uncle Phil and Aunt Sharon! What a beautiful, wonderful, joyful day to celebrate Jesus!

After lunch we went across the street for an egg hunt with the neighborhood gang

Caleb loves to wear sunglasses, so we broke down and bought him some down in Ohio. How many babies do you know that like to keep these on???

Okay, so we bought sunglasses for everyone!

Gotta document us all in our Sunday best!

Josh was a little annoyed at me making the kids pose for more than one picture. This was #3. I thought it was hilarious, and was convinced that they had at least 2 more good ones in them. Wendy, I really missed you! :)
This was #5. Not bad, hugh? After I snapped this, I looked over at Josh with a victorious smile--see, babe??? I knew they could do it! :) Heehee. Gotta love Easter pictures. And boys in matching arguile sweater-vests. Man, they were cute!

One last picture for you--thought you'd like to see my 10-day-old seedlings. It seriously feels magical to watch these seeds sprout into life. I LOVE it! 10 more days and they'll be just about ready to make it out into the garden!!! Yippee!!!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I cannot believe there was no story about Hannah's missing tooth! She is soooo old... missing teeth... ahhhh... stop growing until we get there. :)
The kids are all so amazing and you guys look like you had a great Easter, even without all us Cali folks. Good for you! :)
That place looked so fun. We would tear that place apart with the whole fam... it would be awesome.
See you all in almost 2 weeks. xoxo

Joanna said...

There is a Great Wolf Lodge near us in Williamsburg. It looked like a ton of fun. Loved all the pics!

Lolly Caruana said...

Jo--I saw that they have lots of locations all over the midwest and east coast. Definitely worth the fun and VERY conducive for large families! I totally recommend coordinating a visit with your whole fam! LOVE YOU!

sfitz said...

I LOVE all the pictures!! I so cannot wait to see you guys!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Anonymous said...

HOW FUN IS THAT!! What a great time!! YAY Josh for surprises!! :)