Wednesday, May 6, 2009

An Inadequate Recap of FitzCarSon Vacation

A little disclaimer: I think a hostess shouldn't have to worry with taking pictures. At least that's what I'm claiming for this past FitzCarSon visit, so please excuse my poor sampling of pictures. It doesn't even scratch the surface on the fun times we had. Whole days went by without my picking up the camera--and thankfully, Sarah and Wendy filled in the gaps...you can check out their websites at http://sarahprincefitz777.blogspot.com and http://icouldeatandblog.blogspot.com
Okay, so, in opposite order, here are some of the fun moments we had. As expected, the boys took full advantage of wrestling with the dads. Even Caleb picked up on it, and, on more than one occassion, would walk up to Jonny and Ben and push them, in the hopes that they would chase and tackle him.

Here is a night I love to remember--Date Night! When our waitress asked us if we were celebrating something, I told her, "Yes. A Babysitter!" Ella, our babysitter and neighbor, did a great job caring for the kiddos while we acted like kids at an Italian restaurant in an old town square in Noblesville. And no, I am not pregnant, though my shirt makes me look like it in this picture (wendy, sarah, can photoshop fix that?! :) and everyone raised their eyebrows when I declined an invitation to drink at dinner. Definitely and most definitely NOT pregnant! :)

Our fun waitress and Sarah "ooohing" at the creme brule torch.

Super-cute Sarah with her "Babe"

Can't go without taking at least one picture WITH Wendy in it! :) She was such a good sport, exploring muddy trails in flipflops, no less!!! Yea for adventures in the park with the Fitz's and the Wilson's!

Had to take at least one picture with all 10 of us! Getting ready to explore the trails in the rain!
The kids were so excited to have David and Wendy here, and they were not disappointed! When they walked in, the kids ran to them screaming and hollering and jumping. They must've felt famous! It was so neat to see the kids run to them and celebrate their arrival. We had so much fun that Hannah cried when we dropped them off. We were all so sad to see them go. This is a picture of the kids right after Wendy set up the Wii ALL BY HERSELF! Way to go, WendyLou!

Here is a picture from the rainy day at the Children's Museum. In spite of a slow beginning, the kids did remarkably well, and had a great time exploring the four-story building. Jonny's favorite part was the Dinosaurs, and "everything we saw," and the train, but mine was watching them play in the construction zone with rubber rocks and mulch and buldozers and shovels. It was really cool to see them explore.

Here is just a funny moment when Caleb, in the middle of a wardrobe change, decided to take off running. Literally. It made me laugh so hard that I had to capture his escape on camera.

Just another fun moment hangin out on the deck, waiting for the slip-n-slide!

Oh, how they love to bounce!

Couldn't help but put this one in there-Hannah pulled this tooth out at school two weeks ago! So brave you are, HannahBoo!

I'll have to take more time later to more fully describe some of my favorite moments from last week. But this should hold some folks over!
Thanks again, Fitzpatricks and Wilson's for choosing Casa de Caruana as your vacation destination...we hope you enjoyed your time with us and please, come again soon!!! :)


































This is probably one of my favorite videos of all time. Maybe because it has two of my favorite people in it! Just one of the hilarious moments I enjoyed while the Fitz fam was here.














2 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness... so fun to see pictures of what we missed :)
Ummm... now to the video... It was wonderful and aweful all at the same time. When his eyes start watering and he calls it an apple, I get really sad for the little guy. but he was eating it like there was nothing strange about it at all!
Sarah, now you know how I feel when someone is eating a bannana around me :P

Julie Snell said...

awesome pics and super awesome video. I can't believe he ate it for so long! What a champ. Can't wait to see all of you when you come out this summer!