Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Little Farm--And Stars, too

This is my garden in all of its glory! The first row is lettuce. The second row is the mystery plant (not sure if it's cantaloupe, zuccini, or cucumber) and I can't wait to see what comes out of those beautiful yellow blossoms! The third row in the front part of the garden perished before I ever put them in the ground. But God has heard my prayers for this little plot of land, and really has caused the plants to flourish. I daily go out to water and check for weeds. It's quite theraputic.
This is the other side of the garden, where you can see the lettuce, again, in the first row on the left. The second row is the broccoli. The third row, towards the top of the picture is the faint feathery stems from the carrots. In the back right corner, you can see the tall shoots of the onion garden and in the very front middle of the picture, you can see the first sprouts of what I hope becomes our little corn field! :) We also have a tomato plant in the pot at the edge of the garden, but the pictures don't really show it off. Anyway, this little garden has given me a huge appreciation for the hard work and also the miracle of God's creation. Watching these plants mature is such a visible reminder of God's power, of His creativity, and of His foresight--He didn't forget one detail when He made the world and its inhabitants. Your creation, LORD, reveals Your glory. Thank You for letting us behold it!

We pulled out the camera because Caleb was pretty cute while eating. Of course, he stopped being cute when the camera was on him--until he realized that the camera was on somebody else! Enjoy the musical talents of Jonny and Hannah, and if you get bored, watch as Caleb discovers his own little side act. :)


4 comments:

Wendy said...

that was too funny! Great job Hannah and Jon... but helloooo thunder stealer... enter Caleb!

sfitz said...

Ha! Caleb cracks me up!!

Julie Snell said...

I love that Hannah took it in stride...no biggee that Caleb stole the show...all he needs is a corn cob.

Joanna Reynolds said...

Hey Lol...I was wondering how do you keep all your veggies fresh once you pick them? I think it is awesome that you have a garden. And watching your kiddos is great too! Have fun on your visit to Cali!!!