Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm Up!

This morning, like every morning these days, is dark and I am not doing well at heeding my alarm clock. I awoke about 10 minutes before Hannah was supposed to walk out the door, and Josh offered to take Hannah to school. That sounded good. Just power through the morning routine in 10 minutes, and then back to sweet sleep with the dark sky.

Hannah makes it out the door, still rubbing her eyes and I turn off the kitchen light and head back up to my room where the soft hum of my humidifier beckons me back to my still-warm bed. "Ehhem." (you know that sound that someone makes, like they're clearing their throat, when they want your attention?) This is basically the sound in my soul, from the Lord, saying, "Get up." My soul whines as I pull the sheets over my head and try to shut out the noise in my head. No, Lord. Please. I'm so tired. "First, time, Lolly." The Lord often (I think playfully) reminds me of the words and tone that I use with my kids, and I can just imagine Him up in heaven with His raised eyebrows, hands on His hips, waiting to see if I'll obey the first time (one of our "family rules") without delay (another "family rule"). Easier said than done, I realize this morning. I told the Lord, just two days ago, that my soul was craving alone time with Him...it's been a little sparse the last 30 days, and He was so eager to remind me of that this morning. So, I'm up! And I'll be praying for many of you today.

And just so this post is a little more exciting, enjoy a little video of the kids that I took at Costco last week. Caleb LOVES animals, especially dogs. This toy is truly cool. My favorite part of this video is watching Hannah read the box and then instruct the dog, "Respond to my touch!" And just in case you're wondering about her outfit, it was Pajama Day.

These were also taken at Costco. I imagined these photos, when I was taking them, to be like a "where's waldo"...they didn't quite turn out that way, but they were still cute cuz the kids were loving the fact that I let them, rather, I threw them, into those huge stuffed animal bins at Costco. I wish somebody could have thrown me into one of those bins, cuz it sure looked fun.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Good for you Lol! If you are praying today then please pray for my stress and anxiety, not sure where it is coming from or why, but I find myself waking up realizing that I have been grinding my teeth all night. I never do that! and I just all of the sudden, throughout the day feel really uptight. No Bueno!
Although the video and pictures of your "waldo" kids made my heart feel light! So thanks for that already! XOXO

Noblekain said...

So, along the lines of spending time with God, and heading His voice; you made a comment in the Blog from the "weekend 'o fun with the fam'" that your group was going to try to continue to do acts of service regularly.

How's that been going?