Saturday, July 26, 2008

Catching Up







Here are some pics from a couple of nights ago at our playground...it was such a gorgeous night I couldn't resist snapping some pictures. There's also a new picture down below of Josh and I and our pseudo "date night" (after we put the kiddos to bed) we had beeritas and choc. chip cookies and rented 21. If you look in the background, you can see how I rearranged the top of our entertainment unit...not bad, hugh?! Wendy...you can't get here soon enough!!! I'm in need of my personal decorator!!!

So a brief update on my week...Caleb came down with roseola (kind of like measles) and we've spent more time indoors. He was a sweetheart in spite of it all, but my heart can't relax when my babies aren't well. He's finally getting over it and back to normal.

Hannah had a really fun couple of days as she's becoming good friends with the young girls in our neighborhood. Yesterday after swimming at the pool, she was invited to play at Erin & Nicole's (twins) house around the corner (which she LOVED), and today, we finally met the young girl who lives across the street, Malerie. She played over here all afternoon and stayed for dinner and made plans to play again in the morning! The girls were begging to find the walkie talkies so they could talk to each other from their houses, but we didn't go to the effort to dig them out of a box. It won't be long...:)

On a side note, yesterday, when Jonny realized that Hannah was going to someone's house w/out him, he was really upset. I assured him that he would have the chance to do that sometime. He asked if he could go to a friends house today. I explained that we hadn't been invited to anyone's house, so not today, but some day soon. Then he said, "How about Ben's house? Could I play at Ben's?" I explained that we'd have to get on an airplane in order to see the Fitzpatricks because we live far away now. He asked if the Fitzpatricks could come on an airplane and play at our house. I said that they might do that sometime. He said, "Could they sleep over, too???" You betcha!

One more random, funny conversation w/ Jonny. Hannah's on her scooter ahead of me. I'm quietly pushing a stroller w/ Caleb. Jonny's bringing up the rear on the way to the pool.
Jonny: Mom, Tanner's hyper.
Me: What do you mean he's hyper?
J: It's cuz he gets really close to me.
M: And how does that make you feel?
J: [pause] Great!
M: I love you, Jonny.
Well, it's ridiculously late, so I'll sign off for now. One of Josh's agents invited us to his boat down in Columbus tomorrow, so I'll make sure to bring the camera...and hopefully not forget it!!! G'nite!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok first of all, I love all the new pictures! Keep em' coming lol, you are doing such a great job with keeping us in the loop. And we are soooo happy to be included:)
I love that Johnny wanted to go to Ben's house to play. That is just too cute and so sad at the same time.
So I just talked to Robin(you know Kirk's sister) and she told us that Samantha has Roseola too right now. She is miserable. So sad to see little ones so sick. Hope he is back to normal and healthy self soon.
Love the picture of date night, and although the decor in the background was hard to make out in that picture... I will be there in t-minus 119 days we will be there and I would love to halp with any shopping or decorating that still needs to be done. :)
XOXO love you family!

Anonymous said...

oh geeze, julie is going to get me again... halp... i am dork... help

Anonymous said...

I swear I typed, I am a dork... I put an "a" in there and then pushed post and it was gone... AHHHHH... I am cursed. :)
Now I am going to start proof reading every post.

sfitz said...

Oh my goodness, I wasn't expecting the lump I got in my throat when I read the part about Johnny wanting to come to our house!! Ben has asked for him a few times too. Last week I told him he was going someplace very special for the weekend he said, "Indiana?"
I've really been missing you, friend!!! But so glad you guys are doing so well.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Last night when we were watching the Fitz kiddos, Ben told me more than once that he wanted to go to Indiana. I said you do huh? and he told me yeah, that is where jonny is. :) it was cute.