I'm wiped but thinking of my Cali family and friends. We had another beautiful day today and went to our neighborhood pool again. The pool has been a wonderful way for us to make new friends because it's the hangout from 3-5pm everyday. I knew things were going great when I overheard Hannah saying, "Hi. I'm Hannah. What's your name?" What a great victory for her to initiate with a stranger. I'm so proud of her.
Three other cool things, Hannah did her first cartwheel tonite! I got it on video and will post it soon. She also came downstairs after she'd been in bed for a while, bug-box in hand, saying, "Mom, I love Frankie and I don't want him to die so I;m going to let him go." Frankie is the lightning bug she'd caught this morning and brought up to her room to watch him tonite. This came on the heels of a conversation we had while watching Tarzan, talking about how when you truly love someone you care more about making them happy than you care about having them to yourself. I had no idea at the time that she'd be taking my words to heart so quickly! My sweet Hannah! One last cool thing--our neighbors, the Simons, drove by and invited us to dinner tonite, along with some other neighbors (the Yamagucis). We went over for a late dinner and had a great time. Apparently it's a weekly tradition for the two other families and we were included tonite. Yea for being included!
To all my Cali friends and family, you are dearly missed and our back-door is always open (and a bed is always ready) should you make it out to Indy.
Goodnight!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wow... sounds like a once a week dinner might be starting with a new family... wow, I have to say that hurts a little. So happy for you making new friends there, but Wednesday night dinners are gone for us :( Boo Hoo... Don't worry, I will not post a guilt comment on every post. :) XOXO's to the hole family. PS. the box should be coming via UPS on Friday. :) Oh yeah, tell Hannah that I cannot wait to see the cart wheel! Awesome Job!
Just because I am lame - I have to comment on Wendy's comment and how she did not use the correct "whole". That is so annoying of me - but I can't help it :)
Love you!
wendy! we weren't invited for the once a week dinner (to my knowledge), however, i did mention a certain awesome sister-in-law who hosted wednesday nite dinners at her house for years and how much i missed her company... :)
i swear julie... it was a typo, i never check these things before I push post. You are a dork. :)
Oh lolly, you know it is just a matter of time before people are fighting over who gets to have the caruana's over :) I hope you know that my first comment was totally sarcastic, after reading it back, i thought maybe it came across as me being mean. No way, I was trying to be funny... but with just text that does not always come through. :)
I love the new video of Hannah and Caleb... and I love the onesie he is wearing. :P
Thanks for the shout out to your new neighbors :)
Post a Comment