Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Road Trip!


We loved our road trip! It was about a 6.5 hour drive from Carmel to Hartselle, Alabama, but we took it easy and made it about an 8 hour drive. When I told Josh that I wanted to go, the first thing he said was, "Sure!" The second thing he said was, "Who are you and what have you done with my wife?" I don't like road trips for a lot of reasons, but mostly because I get insanely tired when I drive and I hate having to hold my pee. But since I was going to be without my husband for a whole 48 hours, I decided I would brave the road and head down to Alabama. I was a little concerned about how the drive would be (and in particular, if Caleb would have one of his scream-fests). But my worries proved unfounded and the Lord blessed us with wonderful travels. Thanks to those of you who prayed for our safe and smooth trip...I couldn't have asked for a better time...thanks, LORD! Here are some pics from the last part of our journey! Enjoy!

Doesn't Dear look pretty??? She and Caleb were having a great time!
I look a little scarry in this picture, but I had to share my first bite of yellow ("yella") melon. It tastes exactly like watermelon (Uncle Dave would argue is MUCH sweeter than plain ol' watermelon), but it's this beautiful bright yellow. I thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it!
Mommy's giving Caleb his first driver's ed...look at his little grip on the wheel... what a natural!
Hannah and Uncle Dave cutting into that crazy melon!

So, at this stop, I nursed Caleb (or tried to) in the front seat...but as you can see by the smile on his face, all he wanted to do was get at the wheel. I finally gave up and let him have at it...he drew quite a crowd of onlookers!
Dear and Hannah have some "girl time"!
Caleb took quite a liking to Uncle Dave.
This one's for the DeYoungs and the Snells...a little taste of Louisville, Kentuky!Yea, the video is working! Here's some footage of our first day in Alabama! The kids were so excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looked like such a great time! And all those pictures of Caleb... I swear he looks so different and so much cuter in every one!

Anonymous said...

Seriously - I think there should be at least 2-3 more Caruana kids this world...Caleb is so stinkin' cute! As are Johnny & Hannah...it is crazy!