Friday, August 8, 2008

Sorry it's been so long!!!

Road Trip!!!
Meeting Dear and Poppy!!! Yes, the kids wore their pajamas ALL DAY!!!
Daddy and Caleb just havin' some fun!
Did your parents tell you not to blow bubbles in your milk??? Not this mommy! :)
After our adventures at the Monon Center, our favorite Yamaguci's invited us to join them for some traditional Hawaiin shaved ice...YUMMY!!! We LOVE the Yamaguci's (they are the sweet neighbors who hosted our family and my parents for dinner our first weekend in our house). Malerie, Hannah's best-neighbor-friend is hiding behind Josh!!!
Tuesday brought a thunderstorm, so one of my neighbors called and invited us to the Children's Museum with her...and of course, Malerie wanted to come, so off we went! Such fun!



The kids hopped out of the car and ran out to meet Poppy and Dear and check out the premises! The kids were enamored and amazed with everything...the tool shed, the dog, the tractor, the fruit trees, the porch swing, and the basement...what isn't cool at your great-grandparents' house???



By the way, sorry for the long delay in writing...my mom encouraged me to read "The Shack" this week, and it was as good as I'd heard. Well worth the time, but so sorry I didn't send the usual updates! I'll try to post a few pictures of our adventures over the last week...going to the Monon center (ladera ranch "bucket pool" on steroids), hanging out with our neighbors, going to the World's largest children's museum (in downtown Indy), and most fun of all, roadtrip to Dear and Poppy's house!!! Something feels so good about bringing the kids the the places that I spent as a child...re-seeing pictures and things that I looked at as a kid is so nostalgic and refreshing at the same time. WE LOVE DEAR AND POPPY'S!!! I'll try to post more tonite! We're off for now! Blessings!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANKS for all the the pictures and updates of your week of fun. That is so crazy you just read that book. I have had 2 people this week tell me I should read it.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness... I have been checking like 3 times a day and finally. Thank you so much! I felt so out of the Caruana loop. Love you

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so classic! I love them and I love you guys!! MISS YOU!! Let's talk soon!

Grandmommy said...

OK I don't accept any blame for your delay in correspondence!! But Grandaddy wants to know whose slurpee that is anyway?? We are so excited that you and the kids get to be there with Poppy and Dear. It is wonderful that they get to finally see Caleb. Fun seeing them talk and interact with the kids. We love you abundantly!! Grandmommy and Grandaddy