Friday, August 22, 2008

Shout out to the "Inviters"

I have quite a few videos that I haven't taken the time to upload. I will attempt to do it today. This video was taken at a nature center in a nearby park. The kids and I met another mom there, who was from our church. I might add that I've recently been pondering the nature of people who I fondly refer to as "Inviters". These are the people who, without much information, say, after a short 5-minute conversation, are inviting you to come join them for dinner, or come to their home and be their Mission Viejo best friend (love u, SarahFitz). There are many of you already in my life, and I guess I naturally gravitate toward the Inviters, because it doesn't often occur to me to do it myself. The mom that I met at the nature center is one such Inviter, who, after meeting Josh and I as we filtered out of a church service two weeks ago promptly invited us to join their small group. We have been blessed to be the recipient of many such invitations from neighbors and random strangers alike, and I bet many of them didn't even realize how it nourished this lonely soul. Those of you beloved friends who've blessed me with your hospitality and invitations, I thank you and encourage you to keep it up! Not only do I treasure the wonderful adventures we've shared together as a result, but I'm encouraged to be more intentional and bless someone else!

Hannah's been practicing this everyday, reciting, "practice makes progress"...such good words and such a great example of persistence! Way to go, Hannah!

Gosh, I love my kids...can you blame me??? Caleb is too cute for words these days! Here's a little taste of the boy...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for 3 videos in one day! and on a friday at noon when I am so done with the work week... it could not have come at a better time! I am so impressed with miss hannah... I still cannot do head stands. She is amazing as always. And Caleb chewing on that cob and saying "bu-bye", oh it was almost too much! XOXO

Anonymous said...

YAY to the inviters!! I am so not that way. In fact, i have a hard time saying 'yes' too. I think, 'why are they inviting me to something? they dont even know me?' and i have trouble going. is that weird? but good for you that you go!! i always think, i'm going to walk in the door and know nobody and its going to be awkward and they probably weren't REALLY inviting me anyway, more a sympathy invite, so i'll just stay home and watch Sense and Sensibility for the 2000th time. :) It is better if the inviter asks me for email, as i am very likely to respond and open up that way first. is this too much confession? eeeghads. well anyway, it is GOOD that inviters are out there, and even more impressive to me that you responded!! i would like to be better on this front.

Anonymous said...

We Inviters would be nothing without our beloved Acceptors. Thank YOU for accepting my invitation! What if, instead of saying yes, you went home and said to Josh, "I met this really crazy girl today at the park and she invited me over and everything, Coo Coo!" So way to be an acceptor of random invitations. I love you friend!

Anonymous said...

just a test

Anonymous said...

I love all of the comments and I adore the videos!!! I might have to come before Thanksgiving if you keep this up. I can hardly see that little smile without wishing I could eat him up!! and Hannah, I
AM impressed! You are getting really good at standing on your head. WoW! One side note Sweet Mommy, we need a video of middle child...lest he get a middle child complex :) How about a song from him to me? I would love that. How amazing the Babe grins at the camera every time it shows up. I love you all!!!!!!!!!! from the inviter/acceptor Grandmommy