Oh well that is a very openended question! (Sarah, you are so funny!)
I'm currently reading Outliers and it is fascinating! VERY interesting.
LOVE THESE BOOKS: A Severe Mercy and its sequel Under the Mercy any Jane Austen Book Wuthering Heights Velvet Elvis UnChristian Sibling Rivalry OR How to Talk so Your Kids will Listen & How to Listen so your Kids will Talk Uncle Tom's Cabin The Adventures of Huck Finn (classic childhood FUN book) The Invisible Man (one of my fav of all time) The Scarlet Letter (my alltime fav book) The Known World The Adventures of Alice in Wonderland Middlemarch There is No Me Without You (WOW)
Sarah, I'm very curious about your list too!! :) :) :)
Hi Lol! I just visited your blog and HAD to weigh in on the book thing!
My first suggestion is Let Me Be a Woman by Elizabeth Elliot. It is an amazingly relevant (though older than I am), thorough analysis of Christian womanhood in a series of letters she wrote to her soon-to-be-married daughter. I absolutely love E.E.
Second, I just read for the first time To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. It was such a beautiful piece of literature. I loved it. And it offered a hint as to why Bruce and Demi named their daughter "Scout" :) (Name of the main character)
Let us know what you decide on and what you think!!
4 comments:
The Rest of God.
How To Talk so your Child Will Listen, How to listen so your child will talk...
A tree grows in brooklyn
Screwtape Letters
Jesus For President (haven't gotten too far into this, but it seems interesting.)
Rich Christian
I'll think of some more. I hope a lot of people reply (read: Karen Yates) so that I can get some ideas too. :-)
Love you friend!
I really liked Screwtape Letters.
Oh well that is a very openended question! (Sarah, you are so funny!)
I'm currently reading Outliers and it is fascinating! VERY interesting.
LOVE THESE BOOKS:
A Severe Mercy and its sequel Under the Mercy
any Jane Austen Book
Wuthering Heights
Velvet Elvis
UnChristian
Sibling Rivalry OR How to Talk so Your Kids will Listen & How to Listen so your Kids will Talk
Uncle Tom's Cabin
The Adventures of Huck Finn (classic childhood FUN book)
The Invisible Man (one of my fav of all time)
The Scarlet Letter (my alltime fav book)
The Known World
The Adventures of Alice in Wonderland
Middlemarch
There is No Me Without You (WOW)
Sarah, I'm very curious about your list too!! :) :) :)
Hi Lol! I just visited your blog and HAD to weigh in on the book thing!
My first suggestion is Let Me Be a Woman by Elizabeth Elliot. It is an amazingly relevant (though older than I am), thorough analysis of Christian womanhood in a series of letters she wrote to her soon-to-be-married daughter. I absolutely love E.E.
Second, I just read for the first time To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. It was such a beautiful piece of literature. I loved it. And it offered a hint as to why Bruce and Demi named their daughter "Scout" :) (Name of the main character)
Let us know what you decide on and what you think!!
Post a Comment